Maintenance of Bailey Bridge Components.
We use more bailey steel bridges outdoors, which is convenient and portable, build fast. Bailey bridge components is a product that is easy to rust, especially in coastal areas, it is more likely to rust, so it is necessary to maintain the steel bridge frequently to avoid rust. Once rusted, it will inevitably reduce the load-bearing capacity and service life of the steel bridge. Therefore, regular rust removal and painting maintenance is an important part of ensuring the life of the bridge and must not be ignored.
In order to prevent the corrosion of the Bailey steel bridge, engineers should carefully check the various parts of the steel bridge for paint peeling, corrosion and component deformation during maintenance. For rusty parts, workers are strictly required to clean up dust, oil stains, rust spots and all kinds of dirt, and then spray the paint. The paint is evenly painted and the paint surface is smooth. Never miss the spray. If any deformation of the parts is found, the Beret shall be replaced. To ensure the continued safe use of the steel bridge.
Bailey Bridge Maintenance Method
1. Observe whether the various pins, bolts, beam clamps and wind-resistant rods of the Beret are fully assembled, whether there is no human damage, whether there is any looseness, to ensure safe passage.
2. Regularly check the bridge foundation of Bailey Steel Bridge for uneven settlement, and deal with it in time if found.
3. Apply grease around the pins to prevent rainwater from entering the gaps in the pin holes, and grease all the exposed threads of the bolts to prevent rust.
4. Frequently measure the mid-span deflection of the bridge to see if it has increased. The rate of increase in deflection should be in line with the wear of the pin and pin hole.
5. Check whether the bridge deck is cracked, deformed or uneven, and should be replaced if necessary.
6. During the maintenance, the engineer should carefully check the various components and parts of the steel bridge for paint peeling, rust and deformation. For rusty parts, workers are strictly required to clean up dust, oil stains, rust spots and all kinds of dirt, and then spray the paint. The paint is evenly painted and the paint surface is smooth. Never miss the spray. If any deformation of the components is found, they shall be replaced to ensure the continued safe use of the steel bridge.
The daily maintenance of Bailey bridge components is indispensable, and it is an important work to ensure the safety of personnel.